What Information We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information including, but not limited to an email address, date of birth, address, credit card details, and username when you register and use our services.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests.
- Relevant information in consideration to customer surveys and/or offers.
How Data Is Collected
Like many other websites or applications, the XL Vape website collects and stores information as one navigates throughout the site. We simply collect information in regard to the customers visit on the site from the browser on their computer or mobile device including, but not limited to the time and date the customer accesses our services, their geographic location, IP address, cookies, and the pages navigated.
To do this we use what is called a cookie. It is a small file that asks permission to be placed on the computer’s hard drive. Once one agrees to this, the file is added, and the cookie analyzes data regarding web page traffic to improve our website in order to boost customer satisfaction. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Subsequently thereafter, the data is removed from the system. Cookies are also used to provide better security on services, to customize the content, track purchases and to keep service operations functioning correctly.
A cookie cannot retrieve any data from the customers hard drive, pass on computer viruses or capture any personal information. Cookies allow web applications to respond to the customer as an individual, but cannot specifically identify the customer unless users voluntarily identify themselves by registration. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but one can usually modify the browser setting to decline cookies if it is preferred. However, when cookies are disabled, some features will be disabled that make the site experience more enjoyable.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand the customers' needs and to provide better service, as well as for the following particular reasons:
- Track interaction with support and behavior in regard to web traffic.
- Assist with the improvement of our products and services.
- Distribute notices, special offers and other communications that might be of interest.
Periodically, we may also use customer information to contact them for market research purposes, so we can further customize the website according to their interests.
How Customers Can Control What Personal Information You Share
The customer may choose to restrict the collection or use of their personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that can be clicked to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anyone for direct marketing purposes.
- If one has previously agreed to XL Vape using their personal information for direct marketing purposes, one may change their mind at any time. Please, notify XL Vape Support by emailing us at Info@XLVape.com.
- If the customer shares any information with XL Vape, they have the option to review and update the information provided at any time through settings in their customer profile.
- Customers may choose to receive emails and/or unsubscribe from receiving emails from XL Vape.
- The customer may choose at any time to disable their account.
We will not sell, distribute or lease a customer's personal information to third parties unless we have explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use a customer's personal information to send promotional information about third parties in which we deem interesting to them only if we have been specifically granted permission to do so.
If you believe any of the information that pertains to you, that we currently possess, is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at Info@XLVape.com for assistance or log into your account to make the appropriate changes.
Navigation Onto Other Websites From XLVape.com
Protection of Data
XL Vape is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place regularly tested applicable security system applications and processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. XL Vape is compliant with all PCI, PCI-DSS, PED and PA-DSS guidelines. PCI-DSS standards require:
- Regularly tested security systems and processes
- Maintained policies that addresses information security
- Protection of stored Cardholder data
- Restricted access to Cardholder data by business need-to-know
- Use of unique passwords and security parameters that are not default or vendor supplied
- Assigned unique ID to each person with computer access
- Installed and maintained firewall configurations to protect Cardholder data
- Encrypted transmissions of Cardholder data across open, public networks
- Regularly used and updated anti-virus software
- Developed and maintained secure systems and applications
- Restricted physical access to Cardholder data
- Tracked and monitored all access to network resources and Cardholder data
Within reason, security measures that are implemented are not impenetrable. We do not guarantee the security of the database. In addition, we do not guarantee that any provided information will not be intercepted while in transmission over the Internet. Thus, the transmission of any information is sent at your own risk. In having provided any personal information to us, or by using our services, it is agreed that we may communicate with you regarding security or privacy relating to your use of our services. In the event of any security system interruptions, we may attempt to inform you by sending a notice with all necessary relevant information.
This section explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 21. The XL Vape website is not directed or to be used by anyone under the age of 21 and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 21 as part of the website.
XL Vape does not knowingly distribute such information to third parties. We screen users who wish to provide personally identifiable information in order to prevent users under the age of 21 from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 21, we will take the appropriate steps to delete such information from our records.
We do NOT knowingly allow users under the age of 21 to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information through the website. Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 21 via the website, we do NOT condition the participation of a user under the age of 21 in the website's online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
We do NOT specifically market to anyone under the age of 21, nor do we knowingly provide services or sales of our products to anyone under the legal age permitted to purchase nicotine products.